Sunday, September 30, 2007

First Blog Ever

First blog ever.

Okay, so I started this blog to try to get myself out of this huge funk I'm in and to have a little bit of fun. I've never taken part in a blog before so I figure I don't want to mess up someone else's so I may as well mess up my own.

Suffice it to say that I'm having a hard time getting to where I should be mentally, physically and every other wise. So maybe by making myself vent a little here and there I can somehow figure out what the hell it is I'm doing vs what it is I should be doing.

Right now I imagine my posts will range anywhere from weird dreams I've had to melancholy bottom of the whiskey bottle type melodrama, to posts designed to kick myself in the ass, to vicious rants about the many, many stupid and lazy people I deal with on a daily basis.

I guess let's start with the basics. After several medical problems in the last couple years I think it is safe to say that I'm almost in the worst shape of my life. I'm 5' 6" tall and weigh in the neighborhood of 265. Now that's a lotta drippy, hangy, disgustingness wrapped into one package, but it isn't quite as bad as it seems. I'm not ready for my own Discovery Channel episode yet where they have to knock out a wall and swing me out of my bed with a crane. Not yet anyways. I do have a decent base of muscle underneath all this and I reckon if I got down to 210 or so, I could probably see my abs again. I mean...I'm assuming they are still there somewhere and haven't moved out seeking better quarters yet.

I'm not going to get into the medical conditions or the runs of bad luck or any of that crap that no one wants to hear about just yet. They will probably come out as I go along with this blog anyways. I just don't want to start out with a bunch of whiny "poor me" bullshit. I know things could always be worse. I could lose my job and be re-hired as a suppository inserter for other fat people who can't quite make the reach around to their own anuses (ani?) for example.

Whew. Well, first entry out of the way and I'm out of time. The first entry is the toughest right? We'll find out over the next few weeks

No comments: