Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Do Not Try This At Home...Our Tester is a Trained Idiot.

Working late on Monday and Tuesday this week.  That will put me around 29 hours at work by the end of the night Tuesday and I'm not bummed out by that at all.  Wanna know why?  I decided to self-medicate my thyroid again ever since I found out that my blood levels were screwed up.  That means I have double dosed every other day since I got the blood tests back and I will continue to do so until I feel better again.

Stupid?  most would agree with that.
Dangerous?  probably a little

Do I feel better the last 48 hours than I have in three months?  without a doubt.  

Two days in a row I've been able to get up around 5 a.m. and actually get some work done both around the house and for my job.  Up until then, I've been struggling to roll my carcass out of the sack by 6:30 no matter how early I went to bed the night before.

So, I'll wait until the heart palpitations start, the shaking begins, the inability to sit still gets too obvious and then I'll cut back on my meds and let things level out again. 

I mean, if I felt like crud for three months and gained 25 lbs in that time isn't it fair that I get to feel good for at least a couple weeks before I have to return to baseline? 

Makes sense to me.

I'm finally back to the point where my eyes aren't so dried up that I can actually put my contact lenses in again.  Caffeine works on me again.  I'm not having trouble keeping my eyes open on the drive home from work.  Some nagging injuries have suddenly decided to start healing after being...well nagging for a long time.  Hell, I'm feeling so good, I might even have enough energy to get on top during sex again soon.  That will be a good day let me tell ya!  

I'm enjoying this for a few days.  So shoot me.


http://www.drugs.com/pro/levothyroxine.html
 

No comments: